Saturday, February 2, 2013

Alegría Rosales - When my wrist got Injured

 It happened a year ago. I really like sports, specially soccer, that´s why I joined my faculty’s women soccer team.  I’ve played soccer since I was three, I started playing because I really like watching it. I remember that my favorite player was the Brazilian Ronaldo. They won the world cup against Germany because he scored twice. I started playing to become as good as he was. So, as him, I choosed as my favorite position, the right forward. I used to play great, but unfortunately the team needed a goal keeper, so I tried to be it. I resulted to be a great goal keeper, even better than a right forward, but I need to be the goal keeper for the benefit of the team. With the pass of time I got better, we won lots of championships as the Disney Cup here in Quito. I kept lots of penalties, so I saved the team. In college I tried to play again as a right forward, but again, we needed a goal keeper. We were a really good team, we even got to semifinals, were I had my accident. We were tied 2-2 against psychology. They had a great team, almost the half of the team were players of the university team. That means that their girls practiced soccer every day, and were almost professionals. We only did it for fun. So they had this amazing girl who was a crack you know, she was like Messi but in a feminine version. So 5 minutes before the end of the match, this Messi girl shot really hard the ball against us. I only jumped in the air to avoid it, and I managed to deviate the ball from the nets, it wasn’t a goal. But suddenly I started to feel a huge pain in my left wrist. I knew from that moment, that I injured my wrist. A referee ran to help me, because he’d seen the accident.  He told me, if it really hurts you, we can just end the game, though, it only rests two minutes of the match. I said no, I wanted to end the match, but I couldn’t let my team down. So the referee told me to kick the ball very far and he would whistle to end the second time, so we could go to penalties. Someone else would have to be the goal keeper.
So I took the ball with my right hand (the one that wasn’t injured), and kicked the ball really hard to the other side of the field. The most incredible thing happened, the other team’s goal keeper didn’t notice I kicked that far, and I scored. I made a goal that crossed all the field. We won the match. I was really excited and pained at the time. The referee ended the match, and we passes to finals, it was one of the best moments of my life. Unfortunately I didn’t get the chance to celebrate because of my wrist. Immediately I went to the doctor, he said I was injured and I had rest for two months. He put a weird thing in my arm and told me not to get it off. It was like a glove, but a very hard one. He said it would protect my wrist. At the end, everything ended well. We won the match with my goal, and my wrist got better. We lost the finals, but I will always be the goal keeper who scored at last minute from the other side of the field being injured.

4 comments:

  1. Hahah you do lots of thing Alegria :) great you are the goal keeper that made a goal that's such amazing!!! continue doing sports but take care of your wrist it could get bad if you do something to hard for it :)
    Alexandra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajaja...!!! It's more interesting your anecdote... Poor you but the soccer is a sport more interesting. I like this, but I don't like to play this... you have to care your wrist, if you play again protect it...

    Katty =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a winner alegria!!!! take care you wrist!!! +Paola

    ReplyDelete