Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tanoura dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMfdOT-udHg

The Tanoura dance is performed by Sufi men. The dance is very popular in Egypt, Turkey,Syria and allmost arabs countries . The men wear long colorful skirts, where each color on the skirt represents one Sufi order. 

This type of dance past mystical transports me to the Middle East, before the Arab rule, which states that cultivated the art as much as science.
I sort of nostalgia produces admiration. As a student of history, the Middle East appears before my eyes like a trunk that holds ancient treasures that have been stored for thousands of years, asperando to be open at the time indicated.
Travelling to the Middle East represents for me a meeting with my mind and my desires, his music is the perfect feeding environment all that endless wealth and mysticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMY1Ho8mwTA


This image along aa music listening on the link, are the cause of this interest in the Middle East. The colors are as attractive as musical notes, reveal some of the cultural wealth of this region of the world, brings me countless memories I have of Egypt surprising.


JAIRO NICOLALDE

2 comments:

  1. Your Imagen like you said is very colorful and I think is very psychedelic, it has lots of shapes and capture our attention. Your song its like been in egypt, that is a big, amazing and important civilization that made lots of contributions for our actual world, when i listened your song i feel like i were in the Nile river looking for Giza pyramids. :)

    Alexandra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked more the photo than the music. With this one may have different ideas, as you talk about Egypt. I agree with the representation of the music and as let your imagination take respite of peace remembering wonderful places.

    PraP

    ReplyDelete